Behind Magic With Shan


I was born in Orlando, Florida and lived there until I was 9 years old. I feel lucky to say that Walt Disney World was practically my backyard, and a large part of my family history involves Disney in some way. My mom's father was in the Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association and was invited to the grand opening day of Magic Kingdom, so she was able to experience that when she was a child. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing that must have been. My parents both worked various jobs there during their late high school and early college years. They would do things like parade participation, serve up Orange Julius at the Sunshine Tree Terrace juice counter in Adventureland, perform on stage, and handle guest relations at a few resorts. It was only natural that once they had children, they would share that magic with us.


My greatest memories come from those magical moments throughout our childhood. Moments like walking through the Rainbow Corridor (which no longer exists, sadly) in the Imagination Pavillion at Epcot, eating holiday meals with visits from Mickey and Minnie and other friends on the Empress Lily (paddle-wheeler style restaurant now known as Paddlefish), seeing Cinderella's castle decorated as a giant pink cake for the 25th anniversary, and so much more. It was even more special when my grandparents and extended family would come along with us to join the fun. We all loved spending time together by walking, shopping and eating our way through Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) and playing games at the interactive indoor theme park Disney Quest, which was permanently closed down more recently in July of 2017.

In the past few years, our family has had a lot of loss including my grandfather, my uncle and my grandmother. After the loss of my last living grandparent, I felt an incredible sense of appreciation for the memories I have and the passion we have always had for the wonder of Disney. It occurred to me now more than ever, that nothing stays the same forever, not even Disney. If collecting memories with the ones you love is of any importance to you, do it while you still have time, before the opportunity is no longer there. Nothing in life is promised, especially time.


I am so thrilled to share that I have joined the team at 101 Vacations travel agency, have completed the Disney College of Knowledge, and am now offering services as a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations! I want to help YOU create special memories of your own with your loved ones and experience the magic of Disney that I believe is for everyone of every age. Children or no children, it matters not. To me, Disney is not just a place to go, it's a feeling.

If you're considering the idea of a Disney vacation of any kind (family, honeymoon, birthday, just because, etc.) or have booked a trip already less than 30 days ago, I would love the opportunity to be your personal planner and help you plan at NO additional cost to you! I am also happy to help you with any other vacation planning needs! Your memories are waiting!


Here's where to find me for your travel needs:

agency website:   www.101-vacations.com
email:  shannon@101-vacations.com
facebook: /shanmccauley101vacations
instagram@shannon101vacations
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment